Plotly Security Advisory - XSS in plotly.js
Summary of issue
A Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability has been fixed in the plotly.js library.
An attacker can trick an unsuspecting user into viewing a specially crafted plot on a site that uses plotly.js (including the cloud version of Chart Studio). The vulnerability would have allowed the attacker to perform any action using the victim’s credentials on that site.
Thanks to Dennis Detering and Jared Folkins for reporting this issue.
Affected products and versions
- plotly.js versions prior to 1.16.0, other than 1.10.4 and newer.
- Chart Studio On-Premise version 1.4.4 and older.
- This issue is fixed in plotly.js version 1.16.0. The fix has been backported to version 1.10.4.
- This issue has been fixed in Chart Studio On-Premise version 1.4.4, which is available as a free upgrade to all Chart Studio On-Premise customers.
- The issue was fixed in Chart Studio Cloud on 2016-08-05.
General notes regarding security reporting
Please send all security reports concerning Plotly products to email@example.com.
Return to the main Plotly Security Advisories page