Plotly Security Advisory - XSS in plotly.js
Summary of issue
A Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability has been fixed in the plotly.js library.
An attacker can trick an unsuspecting user into viewing a specially crafted plot, then moving the mouse over a certain part of the plot, on a site that uses plotly.js (including the cloud version of Plotly). The vulnerability would have allowed the attacker to perform any action using the victim’s credentials on that site.
Thanks to Lucky Sen for reporting this issue.
Affected products and versions
- plotly.js versions prior to 1.22.0.
- Plotly On-Premise version 2.0.1 and older.
- This issue is fixed in plotly.js version 1.22.0.
- This issue has been fixed in Plotly On-Premise version 2.0.1, which is available as a free upgrade to all Plotly On-Premise customers.
- The issue was fixed in Plotly Cloud on 2017-01-11.
General notes regarding security reporting
Please send all security reports concerning Plotly security products to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to the main Plotly Security Advisories page